So, tonight I am hanging out with my closest friends. These are the guys that I have been with me for over ten years, and that’s a long time for me. I grew up a military brat, so we moved several times while I was growing up. My Elementary school years took place on the Island of Oahu in Hawaii. Middle school and early high school was Memphis TN, and then Atlanta for the end of High school and thereafter. My first friends in Atlanta lasted for about 4-5 years before a big falling out had me starting all over. Up until that point, 4-5 years knowing someone is the extent of my relationships. So, 10 years is a really significant relationship for me. The only people I know longer than that that I still interact with with any regularity is family. I know that after I move I am going to really miss these guys. I feel like it will be similar to losing an arm. We were going to play D&D tonight, but I have lost out to WoW (World of Warcraft). Cataclysm came out today, and one of my players has forgotten my game to play that instead. I don’t blame him, really. This expansion is a really big one for WoW. It’s the closest thing to a sequel they have ever produced, and he lives and breathes that game. Adam, however, was less than amused. He likes to play D&D, he knows that I am leaving soon, and wants to get as much time in as he can before I eventually leave. But you know, hanging out with my friends is really the only thing that matters. I don’t care if we are playing D&D, Watching a movie, playing Xbox/ps3... Just so long as I can be myself with like minded individuals. All three of these guys have been roommates with me at some point, too, which is awesome. We are having a trying conversation trying to figure out what to do in the meantime. Anyway, I am going to call it here to spend some quality time with the boys.
Till next time.
Glen
Till next time.
Glen
I am sad. This was my fault. Totally forgot about game. Had I been e-mailed or something I'd have been there.
ReplyDelete