So, this is my first post in my first blog. I am about to start a new life, in a new city, and this is my journey.
. . . there is so much potential in new beginnings. The world ahead could be full of wonder, achievement, growth and happiness. It could also hold disaster, heartbreak, failure and woe. But as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. and I have never been one to back away from a new adventure.
But who am I? Just one small piece in a grand game. I am a man. I am tall. I am overweight. I am kind. I am shy, but friendly. I am in love. I like to game. I am a Larper. I am a movie buff. I am a hiker. I am into ninjas. I am a driver. I work in Print. I am a technophile, and gadgets are my fetish. I am poor at capitalization and punctuation. I like vegetables. I drink water almost exclusively. I am not political. I care about the environment. I read books. I use the word “Dude” more than I should. I like Zombies. I love social networking and social media, but loath face-book and twitter. I listen to music of all types. I like the spring and fall. I like to fish with my grandfather. I own a yellow car. I have a full head of hair. I just turned 30. I still watch cartoons, but mostly stuff on Adult Swim. I like to laugh, and make others laugh, and I will miss my friends.
Well, in eight weeks I will be travelling for the last time out to the desert. we already have a place picked out and I am hopefully really close to having the work thing worked out. It feels really close. I was looking at a calendar and realized I only have 4-5 free weekends left until D-day...that doesnt seem like nearly enough time to do everything I need to; to say all my goodbyes, to finish all my unfinished business, and prepare for the next part of my life. But there it is...
What I intend to do here, with this little blog, is have a place I can keep track of how it goes. to talk about my life, and the things I think about or find interesting. I used to try to use google buzz as a way to do that, but this feels more personal. I will still buzz when I have posted. I dont know how often I will post, but I hope I am not so boring that it seems like I never post. Maybe I will try to make it a habit to post something everyday, and see what actually happens. At some point I will have a place for photos, and will post pics of the desert, or the hikes I intend to go on.
So, I hope you find something worth reading here, and please leave comments. I like hearing your thoughts on the things I am thinking about.
Til next time
Glen
First post! Woo!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got this up. Looking forward to keeping up with it.
I enjoyed reading your blog. I rather envy your new beginning, in a way. They are exciting, and you will never know what is around the next turn. Take every advantage of gaining new knowledge and trying new things. You are a man of unlimited interest, but for some reason, I think there is room for more. Like an eagle leaves its nest, and spreads its wings, you too will soar above and find all the things you never knew before.
ReplyDelete