Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Out with the Old, in with the New

Polysciguy sent me this article.  Its a very good read, and you should take a look.  Definitely a possibility, don't you think?  Where would you go, if it was time to leave? (Japan for me please :D ) 

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/07/27/american_people_obsolete


Would you like to know more?


Glen

2 comments:

  1. I've often given serious consideration to relocating to New Zealand. Lifestyle-wise, it wouldn't be a major upset (except for that "driving on the wrong side" non-sense). IT workers are one of the classifications of workers that get "fast tracked" immigration-wise and everyone down there talks with a sexy NZ accent. You just need to spray every so often for hobbit infestations.

    My second choice has been Iceland. No *good* reason, really. Just always had a 'thing' for that little chunk of rock.

    Most recently, I even gave some non-trivial consideration to places like Mongolia. Cash out my life entirely here and I could basically retire out there on Steppes pretty comfortably. Avg annual income there is about $2k. I won't have to work, and as a rich foreigner, I'll be *considerably* more sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to put another tally in the NZ column. While Iceland has its charms (vikings, vodka, difficult to access for zombies), I rather don't trust that mid-Atlantic ridge.

    ReplyDelete